Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fish Tacos

It's the newest thing here.  Actually not that new but recent.  I try them at lunch all the time just to see if I can find the perfect one.  Fish or shrimp, grilled or fried, believe me I have tried them all.  Some of them were awful and I'm not sure how the recipe got past the chef.  And then some are really good andI wanted to try to duplicate.

I love the green sauce that Lupe Tortilla uses on their fish tacos. However, everything I saw required way too much effort.  Not me, not going to happen.  So I just figured I mix up my own.

Fish Tacos

flour tortillas
firm white fish
McCormick's Beer Batter Mix
8 oz  beer
jalapeno sauce
cabbage
tomatoes
onions
Tabasco sauce

Mix the beer batter mix and beer.
Dry the fish and coat with batter.
Fry in shortening until golden brown.

Jalapeno Sauce
equal amounts of sour cream and mayonnaise (I used 1/4 cup of each)
small jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed, diced.
taco or fajita seasoning
juice from one lime
Mix with shredded cabbage.  You might want to reserve some.
Put in the fridge while the fish cooks.

Assemble your taco:
Warm tortilla.
Add a piece of fish (you may need to slice the fillets in half)
Put a dash of Tabasco on fish
Top with cabbage and diced tomatoes.

Wrap up and enjoy.

Live, Laugh, Love,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment