Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkin Chip Cake

I am a member of Foodbuzz.  Although I don't post often, I love reading everyone's recipes.  Even if I know I will never make some of them, I read them.  Some of them I do make though...and here's what happens!

I loved the look and thought of a Pumpkin-Chocolate-Spice Cake and since I was going to visit Geneva, I thought I would make it and take most of it to them.  Them being, Geneva, Jesse, Laney and Autumn all house mates at NSU.

I read through the recipe and actually had everything I needed.  Amazing, I know because that never happens!

The recipe is from Claudia @ What's cookin' Italian and I love her stuff!  She is big on family and cooking from the heart so I know that even when I screw it up, it's okay because people that love you will eat it anyway.

Pumpkin Chip Cake
From Claudia Kitchen @ What's Cookin' Italian Cuisine

I used the yellow cake mix and doubled the cinnamon, allspice and ginger.  It seems that I had a lot of chocolate chips, etc. left so I just put it on the top (which is eventually the bottom).

When it was all said and done, it was ok.  BUT...Laney and Jesse loved it.  I wish I had taken more to them.

Next time though, I may just make a pumpkin spice cake and leave out the chocolate.  Just to see what happens.

What do you think?

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment