Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Before Hamburger Helper

This goulash is a dish of memories.  It was a go to dinner for my mom.  I now know why since it is cheap and fast.  I had forgotten about it until I was looking in the pantry for something to make since I had forgotten to take meat out of the freezer. And hamburger thaws so quickly.

You can get most of this in a box.  It goes by the name of Hamburger Helper.  However I would bet that you have everything in your pantry.  This is how my goulash goes...


I don't have amounts because it's all a matter of personal taste.  But it is really so simple, macaroni, beans, tomato sauce, hamburger meat and cheese.  Season with onions, garlic powder, paprika and chili powder.

I felt like a kid again.  And as with any pasta dish...it tastes better the next day!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment