Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chicken Casserole

I am hooked on food blogs.  Every morning with my coffee, I read my favorites and try one or two new ones.  There are so many that one person could never read them all but I try to get to a variety of them.

One of my favorites is Steph at Plain Chicken.  Her recipes are easy and we have enjoyed many of them.  Last week she posted Yum Yum chicken and I knew it was going to be on our table over the weekend!

And am I glad it was. I made it Friday night so we could have it on Saturday.  Look at me, planning ahead. We tasted it when it came out of the oven and it was good.  But on Saturday, it was YUM YUM!  It reminded my of Thanksgiving in a such a way that I am now so excited about planning our big dinner

As usual I changed the recipe a bit since I didn't have everything I needed and here's my version:

Yum Yum Chicken
adapted from Plain Chicken.com

1 1/2 pound Rotisserie chicken, chopped
1 small onion, diced
4 oz mayonnaise
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can of mushrooms (use fresh if you have them)
1 box Cornbread stuffing, uncooked
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 stick melted butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, mix both cans of soup and mayonnaise.  The original recipe called for 8 oz of sour cream but somehow there wasn't any in our fridge.

In a 9 x 13 dish, mix chicken, onions and mushrooms.  Spread the soup mixture over the top of the chicken and onions.

Sprinkle the stuffing mix over the top of the soup.  If you are using a seasoned stuffing mix or if your mix came with a seasoning packet, sprinkle that on top of the cornbread.  My stuffing mix was a little bland so I used the poultry seasoning.

Mix the broth and melted butter and pour over the stuffing mix.

Bake for 30 minutes.

You get moist chicken and stuffing with a creamy sauce in every bite.  It's not hard to tell why it is called Yum Yum Chicken.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.


Live, Laugh, Love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment