Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fried Steak

Time is flying by me like a stealth bomber.  That's seems to be my theme here lately.  So much to do so little time.  And I always thought that when the kids were out of the house, I would have all the leisure time I wanted.  Nope, the time I spent with them is just replaced with other stuff.


 Good news though. 
We finally bought a gas range. 
HOORAY!!!
It's a thing of beauty and I love it so.


First meal on the new range was a recipe we saw on "Worst Cooks in America".  We DVR it so we can skip all of the commercials.  In fact, that's the only way we watch anything now except for sports.  Anyway, my mind is wondering again.  Fried Steak.....Anne Burrell, who is fabulous in my opinion.  Anybody who can recognize and state without abandon, 'Brown Food Tastes Good' is a goddess in my book.

If you haven't seen the show, they take people who have no cooking skills whatsoever and try to teach them basic skills and who to put together some pretty elaborate dishes.  And of course, someone gets eliminated each week.  On this show, Anne's dish was a fried steak.  Now, whenever I think of fried steak I think of a breaded chicken fried steak or maybe even a pan fried round steak.  Both are good but this was different.  A good sirloin steak rubbed with a mix of brown sugar, cayenne, salt and garlic powder.  Then you don't even seare it, you just drop it in a pan with hot oil.
How beautiful is that?
Perfectly medium rare with a crispy crunchy outside.

It was wonderful!



No comments:

Post a Comment