Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Mother's Pound Cake

When my Mother unexpected passed away in 1999, I was fortunate enough to get her recipe box.  I always loved that little, green metal box.  And I still do.

My Mother is alot like me.  If I know something, then it doesn't need to be written down because I'm probably the only one that will need it.  On many of her cards, she only has the ingredients.  No instructions.  Did you hear that...you get to guess.  Luckily on this one she went back and added baking time but that didn't happen on all of them.  I think it's cool.  Kind of adds to the fun of going through that little metal box.

You can see the what you need above.  I did switch lemon extract for the coconut.  It doesn't really change any flavor.  I creamed the butter, shortening and sugar.  Mixed the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, slightly beat the eggs and add the milk.

Alternate adding the dry and wet ingredients to the creamed butter, starting and ending with the dry.  Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan.  And this is what you get...

Indulge me for a minute.....

And maybe another minute.  You might want to pour a cup of coffee to go with this delicious cake.

I'm loving it.  How about you?

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I like making icing but not eating them so your Mom's cake is tops for me. Its nice to remember our Moms by making their food.
    Her recipe box is priceless.

    ReplyDelete