Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Wings for the Super Bowl

We were fairly low key for the Super Bowl.  The menu was far and away less than for when the Texans played.  But then again, we also decided to stay home and watch the game by ourselves.  My team won!!!  I am a big, big fan of the Manning boys!

I'll try to hide my excitement....


These wings are so easy.  We used our pulled pork sauce that is sweet and vinegary all at the same time. 

1 cup cider vinegar
1 cup ketchup
1/3 cup spicy brown mustard
3/4 cups brown sugar (I use Splenda mix)
1/2 cup onions, diced very finely
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon sriracha
1/4 teaspoon chili powder (I used heaping teaspoon)
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I used heaping teaspoon)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Combine everything except salt and pepper in medium saucepan.  Heat to a boil.  Allow to boil for about 5 minutes to reduce.

Add salt and pepper to taste.

We put this on wings, pulled pork, brisket, hamburgers.  It's all good.

We fried the drumettes in the deep fryer to crisp the skin then put them in the oven to cook through.  We go low and slow on these.



No comments:

Post a Comment