Monday, November 7, 2011

Pineapple Biscuits

This is one of my Grandmother's Recipes that I found in my Mom's recipe box.  It's fast, easy and above all, tastes oh, so good.  The are a cross between a biscuit, a cookie and a scone.  Charlie thought they favored a scone until I increased the size and then they were more like biscuits.  Make them and decide for yourself.  Let me know what you think!

Add caption
Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup shortening
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 8 oz can of crushed pineapple, undrained

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream sugar and shortening.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add eggs and vanilla to creamed sugar.
Slowly add flour until moistened.
Stir in pineapple.

Drop on cookie sheet.  I started with a small scoop and they were like scones but moved to a larger scoop and the texture changed.

Bake the small ones of 15 minutes and the larger ones for 18 - 20 minutes.

Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.

Live, Laugh, Love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment