Monday, December 20, 2010

Toffee

This recipe comes to you courtesy of The Pioneer Woman, who got it from Chef Lia, who I guess adapted from somewhere or just has a brilliant mind and came up with this on her own.  I really don't care where it came from, all I know is that it is the best stuff you can find at Christmas time.

Butter toffee with chocolate on both sides, who would have thought about chocolate on both sides, Yum! and then it's sprinkled with peppermint, pecans or sea salt.  We did some of each.  I liked the sea salt best.


I did make a few errors.  I should have spread it thinner and it would have been easier to break.  But wow, what flavor.  If you just take a small piece and leave it in your mouth without biting, it melts.  No really, just be patience and enjoy the flavor of the butter, chocolate and a little bit of salt coming together.  Sweet with just that touch of salt.  Oh, I'm in heaven.


As the recipe says, you have to have a candy thermometer.  They aren't expensive but they are fragile so handle with tender loving care so that you can make these over and over again.  And then you can send me some.  Aw come on, you aren't going to eat it all yourself, were you?

Live, Laugh, Love,

Karen and Charlie
Complete Recipe found at http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/


Great Cleaners Logo 468x60

No comments:

Post a Comment