Saturday, November 27, 2010

Weekly Menu

Do you make a menu for the upcoming week?  I used to.  I’m not sure what happened but I haven’t in a while and really need to get back into it.  Especially since the holidays are always so rushed and the stress level at work seems to be at an all time high. 

I would like to avoid going to the grocery store because it is a chore for me.  Many people like it.  I have a friend who says it’s the only time she doesn’t have her gets with her so she gets a Starbucks, strolls leisurely down the aisles and thinks of it as her ‘me’ time.  But that ain’t me babe.  If I can get Charlie to go, I love it.  And he usually does.  I love him for that!

Charlie likes Sam’s Club.  We do almost all of our shopping there.  Okay, Okay, He does almost all of our shopping there.  Since it is just the two of us at home now, we always have a full freezer due to the large sizes you have to buy.  I look at it as an advantage though because the prices are good and we just freeze them in dinner size portions.  If one of the kids happen to pop in, we take out two.

Dinner Menu Madness

Saturday – Turkey Pot Pie (using Thanksgiving Leftovers)
Sunday – Ham Fritatta (using Thanksgiving Leftovers)
Tuesday – Hamburgers
Wednesday – Pork Chops with Au Gratin Potatoes
Thursday – Korean Beef and Fried Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment