Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Panini

I went through all of my recipes the other day and cleaned out my files.  You know how it is.  You see in a magazine and think about how good the picture looks.  You swear that you will make it during the coming week but the recipe just sits there....waiting...and waiting.

I promised myself that I would only keep the recipes that I thought I would truly try.  And this week, I've done pretty good.  If I do say so myself!

This one is from Pillsbury and we are definitely putting it in our sandwich rotation.

Bacon and Mozzarella Panini
(changed just a bit by Karen and Charlie)

1Classic Pillsbury Pizza Crust
1 tablespoon artichoke pesto
2 teaspoon ceasar salad dressing
2 slices fresh mozzarella
pinch of fresh ground pepper
3 slices bacon
1 slice ham
2 slices roma tomato
as many onions as you like
2 leaves of fresh basil

Spread the pizza crust into a 9 X 13 inch rectangle and bake per package directions.  Cut down the middle vertically and horizontal.  Then cut each of those pieces in half.  Now you have enough for 4 sandwiches.  The other ingredients above are for 1 sandwich.

Spread pesto on one piece of crust.  The original called for basil pesto so use it if you feel called to.  Then spread the other side with the ceasar dressing.  Start building your sandwich on this side.  Add the mozzarella, sprinkle with pepper. Then the ham, bacon, tomato, basil and onions.

Top with the artichoke pesto side and put in your panini press, Foreman Grill or a pan with a brick or second pan to weigh it down.  You choice....whatever you have handy.

What for the cheese to melt and the bread to brown just a bit more.  You really just want everything to heat and come together.  This sandwich is oh, so delicious.

You can thank me later! After you wipe the melted cheese off your chin.

We hope you have the best day ever!

Karen and Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment