Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year!

Yes, I'm a little late.  Sorry 'bout that.  I was planning to start off with bang and I let time get away from me.

However, I did plan enough for January to be soup and stew month since the weather is a little cooler and I haven't ever made a lot of soups.  I wanted to adventure out and try something new.  My first one was going to be French Onion.  I love, love, love French Onion Soup. But Charlie forgot to buy onions. And I couldn't think of a good substitute for them, ha ha.

So I went through my list of soups/stews and went through my pantry and fridge.  I had everything I needed for BLT soup.  It sounds really good doesn't it.  Bacon, onions, wilted lettuce, tomato, cream.  And it looked really good as it cooked.  Until you put the cream in.  Then not so much.

I was trying to take a picture of the bacon, lettuce and tomato.  That looked really good.  But the camera wouldn't work.  I swear there are gremlins in my house.

Here's the end result:


It was ok. I ate some.  Nobody else did. Which is why I'm not even going to give the recipe.

We also had these and everybody loved them.

Maybe I should think about a sandwich month for the blog.  Hummm.

I hope everyone has a great day!  I know that I am going to try really hard to stay focused and positive about all things.


Live, Laugh, Love,
Karen and Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment