Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleu

The inspiration from this recipe came from Plainchicken.com.  I am such a fan.  Steph's recipes are quick, easy and most of all, use what I already have in the kitchen.

I must apologize in advance for the picture.  It was late.  We were hungry.  And my brain doesn't function right when these things are happening.

Chicken Cordon Bleu


Steph's recipe stuffed the crescent rolls rolls but I had so much chicken mixture that I made it into a casserole.

I rolled out the crescent rolls in a 9 x 13 pan and layered it with chopped grilled chicken, chopped ham and chopped swiss cheese that we mixed with a can of cream of mushroom soup. The couple that chops together, stays together.  I think it's the unsettling feeling that you have knowing that the other one knows how to use a knife!!  And if you know me, you will definitely see the humor in that since I cut myself all the time.

Put it in the oven for about 30 minutes or when you can see it's bubbly and yummy.

Charlie wants the dough on top next time so it gets crispy.  I really liked that the soup mixture was all creamy and soaked into the crescents a little bit.

The is a definite make again.

I hope you have one of your best days ever!

Karen and Charlie

GET YOUR BAG ON!!!
http://www.myinitials-inc.com/karenschaeffer

No comments:

Post a Comment