Monday, November 28, 2011

Family Breakfast

With every one's busy schedule, it's so hard for my nephews families to get together.  There are 7 kids, all under the age of 10 and as you can probably guess, they are running in several different directions.  Luckily and since my daughter was home from college, we made it happen.

Of course, I made breakfast for everyone to give their parents a break.  Once the indecision of what to make left me, this is what I came up with.  Cheesy grits, breakfast pizza, bacon and egg frittatas, cheeseburger pizza along with some donuts I had buried in my freezer.  Plus Genny made monkey bread for each of the 7 kids.

This is how the morning started.  I knew it was going to be a good day with such a beautiful sunrise.

I couldn't wait to get started cooking.








Cheesy Grits

2 2/3 cups milk
2/3 quick cook grits
3 tablespoons butter
2 large eggs
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded + extra for topping
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper

Heat milk, be careful that you don't scald it.
Add grits and cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until creamy.
Stir in all remaining ingredients.
Spray 8 x 8 oven proof dish with non-stick spray.
Pour grits into dish and top with extra cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes.


The kids loved them.  What kid doesn't like something with cheese.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  Season's Greeting to each and everyone!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment