Sunday, October 24, 2010

Deviled Egg Dip

I saw this in The Foodnetwork Insert 50 Tailgate dips and since I love to snack and deviled eggs are one of my all time favorites, I had to try it.

Here's my version - it's just a bit different.

Takes about 10 minutes - good the next day too.

Ingredients:
8 hard boiled eggs
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon mustard
Dash of hot sauce, paprika, salt and pepper
1/4 cup pickle relish (Wickles)
pickle relish juice
chives

I think the amounts are personal preference.  Some people like it creamier and some a little drier.  Do it your way, I know it will turn out great.  (Now I have the Burger King song in my head)

Here's what you do:
Put everything in the food processor.  Push the button.  Wait till it's smooth.
Taste for seasoning.
Put in bowl.
Service with toast wedges, pretzel crackers, potato chips.

The picture on Foodnetwork is much better.  I should have put it in a bowl.  Funny thing is though, it disappeared pretty fast even though it looks weird.

One other note, I use Wickles spicy pickle relish.  It gives things just a little bit more of a kick.  The relish and the pickles are both out of this world.  (Wickles doesn't know me from anyone one else.  I just like to pass along a good thing when I find it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment